Frequently Asked Questions - Advance Parole
Advance Parole or AP (Form I-131): The authorization to travel outside the US while your adjustment of status is pending. Note, Form I-131 is also used for Reentry Permit, an application by a US green card holder to be away from USA for over one year.
- Pros and Cons of Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing for Green Card
- I-485 approved while outside the USA - travel on AP or GC
- What if I never joined the employer who sponsored me for green card?
- Joining a company other than green card sponsor, staying abroad after green card and reentry permit
- Changing Employers With An Approved I-140 After January 17 2017
- Inter- Country adoption by Indian couple on EAD
- October 2015 Visa Bulletin Confusion FAQ's
- Expedited Advanced Parole
- AOS interview next week, mother in India on AP
- Advance Parole
- With I-485 pending can I be an investor ?
You can continue to extend your H-1 even after I-140 is revoked by the employer, IF, the revocation was sent more than 180 days after I-140 approval.
Under AC21, you do not have to start a new green card if:
1. Your I-140 is approved;
2. Your I-485 has been pending for 180 days or more;
3. You will take an employment same as or similar to your green card job; and
4. You file Supplement J.
If you are not a US citizen, you need to adopt the child and then to possess custody of the child for 2 years (as far as I remember). Then the child can come here on H-4 or a derivative green card.
FAQ's Updated on 21 September 2015
There has been no change to this policy. USCIS requires documentary evidence of the emergent situation, as well as supporting documentation indicating that the applicant has a pending application.
You need to contact USCIS customer service for guidance. Definitely put something down in writing that you are requesting a rescheduling. Maybe asking your Congressman's assistance is the best way to go for rescheduling.
If her I-485 was pending, she would not be out of status.
I see no problem with it, especially, if you are a passive investor who takes no action to manage or conduct the business of the entity invested in.