Status Expiring During the Pendency of an H-1B extension

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Watch the Video on this FAQ:

Status expiring during the pendency of an H-1B extension

Video Transcript

1. No, and there is no NTA even if it gets denied. You can leave the United States within a short period. After the denial you won't get an NTA.

2. You don't have to do that. There is no question of unlawful presence or being out of status when timely filed extension amendment or transfer request is pending and if you choose to leave the USA for whatever reasons you can always get a visa and come back. Traveling outside the USA does not abandon your H-1request. More...

Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.

Immigration Law : 
Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment